BLOG 2010


BLOG 2010

I wish I would have started this blog years ago. When I first met Johnny G. Or when I was working with Umbert and PK from Cycle Reebok. That was over 15 years ago. After 20 years in the bicycle industry. What I've found over the years is that there just simply isn’t enough time in the day. You do the best you can. So I'm starting the blog now.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

IDEA 2010 – The Schwinn AC experience

I spent some time in the Schwinn Fitness AC booth and in Jay Blahnik’s cert room at the IDEA Fitness convention here in Los Angeles and the response was truly overwhelming. Everyone I talked to from the casual enthusiast to the serious club owners, managers and instructors simply LOVED the Schwinn AC series bikes. Of course we built the bikes for the show and our QuietTune® build technology really shined at this show. The personnel on site from Stairmaster / Schwinn absolutely raved about how good the bikes felt. These bikes are awesome without the golden touch of StudioCycles, but WITH our QuietTune build process, they are simply unbelievable! We practically begged Star Trac to build their bikes for the show, they passed, although they asked the day before the show if we could tune their bikes, we were fully booked at that stage so we couldn’t contribute to the quality of their potential customers experience and I heard through the grapevine that the ST bikes didn’t feel all that great and they actually had a pedal or two FALL OFF bikes during cert classes and rides. When you pay monkeys to build your bikes like furniture from IKEA, you get what you pay for!

No comments:

Post a Comment