BLOG 2010


BLOG 2010

I wish I would have started this blog years ago. When I first met Johnny G. Or when I was working with Umbert and PK from Cycle Reebok. That was over 15 years ago. After 20 years in the bicycle industry. What I've found over the years is that there just simply isn’t enough time in the day. You do the best you can. So I'm starting the blog now.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 2010

The IDEA fitness convention is coming next month to the Los Angeles Convention Center. f I were one of the LEADING fitness equipment companies and I had bikes to display for potential customers to try and CONSIDER buying, especially in this economy, I believe I would want them built and tuned to absolute perfection. Year after year, trade show after trade show, I show up, hop on the bikes in the different booths, and SO many of them are CLEARLY thrown together but unskilled cheap labor, it is PAINFULLY obvious to me. But for whatever reason, these gazillion dollar industry giants are blind to the obvious. They spend serious money with engineers trying to build the better bike, they put together huge, gleaming tradeshow booths, with audio and video, the latest high end technology, and they cap it all off by putting the very end user experience in the hands of 10 dollar an hour drones that should be building furniture from IKEA, not building bikes like furniture from IKEA. This year Schwinn has put the potential customer experience in the hands of StudioCycles. WHY? Because they GET IT! They understand the IMMEASURABLE VALUE of “The first impression”. In this economy, buyers are shopping hard, and if your bikes feel shitty, because a simple adjustment or new bike testing was overlooked because your install team was overworked and underpaid, YOU MISS THE BRASS RING! We love what we do; no one comes close to what we do and what we offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment