BLOG 2010


BLOG 2010

I wish I would have started this blog years ago. When I first met Johnny G. Or when I was working with Umbert and PK from Cycle Reebok. That was over 15 years ago. After 20 years in the bicycle industry. What I've found over the years is that there just simply isn’t enough time in the day. You do the best you can. So I'm starting the blog now.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The New Star Trac Bikes @ IHRSA 2011 -San Francisco

I had the pleasure of going to IHRSA 2011, one of the premier tradeshows in the fitness industry, and this year was one IHRSA show I was particularly interested in going to because of the release of several new bike lines. Star Trac is now under a new command with Michael Bruno aquiring controlling interest after a tumultuous year last year at Star Land, and I was anxious to see what Star Trac had in strore, being THE representative company for Spinning(R) and their brand of indoor cycles.It is clear that Josh Taylor, a SERIOUS roadie,Catagory 1 professional cyclist and the shining star/faceman for Spinning has some major influence on the new rides that will be coming out of the Bruno/Star Trac factory for 2011. The obvious change, the new Star Trac models, namely the new flagship BLADE(R) has the Qfactor of a one off pro road bike, instead of the usual simalar Qfactor of an Apoloosa found on many indoor bikes produced in this day and age.Other notables include a Morris taper bombproof bottom bracket, exclusive to the Star Trac brand in addition to a long overdue fore and aft adjustment for the handlebars on all 2011 models. I'm not sure about the Morris Taper technology on the pedal spindles, but I've heard through the angry hound grapevine that a 3-Way pedal is on the way from ST and MDA, for those of you who cry foul about not being able to use the Triple Link pedals on future Star Trac models. Did I mention the Blade looks pretty BADASS, like something Mel Gibson would have use in his arsenal in his Mad Max days, long before the hole in his marble bag became too big to contain : )   

No comments:

Post a Comment